Premise: Drafting Characters, Creatures and Props

Above, three character concepts that focus on silhouette variation and costume. Also demonstrated, some mask designs for the middle character, the protagonist. I enjoyed the freedom I had with the loose greyscale style used with my previous sketch work, so I decided to continue in a similar rough fashion.  
 
Above, a slightly closer look at my protagonist and her clothing. I liked the silhouette suggested in my initial thumbnails, so I'm staying true to those shapes with these costumes. I also started designing small spirits/ creatures for my narrative that I plan to have wandering around the forest environment.


Above, more ambitious creature design. This sheet took a while to fill, as I wanted each design to feel appropriate and fitting with my other design work, but also include enough variation and interest. This sheet helped expand my understanding of my narrative's environment, also introducing ideas of Shinto. I now understand that my narrative will be an infusion of Japanese Shinto and Nordic Mythology.  

Comments