Character Development

 Hyperaware of the workload I'm tasked with for my final animation, I decided to turn attentions to my main character, the moon spirit, and create some design back-up plans in case my current designs turn out too ambitious for my 3D skillset. 

Above, I sketched out come simple silhouettes that hold less fabric detail then previous designs. I also focused on facial structure. Costumes are simpler, but I stuck with relatively realistic human anatomy. 

Above are some different concepts that suggest the character is much younger, and follow a similar style to Japanese Chibi. These sketches were inspired from the newly released game Hoa, which shares many visual similarities with my final animation.

Above, A visual list of spirits I hope to have wandering my woodland compositions. Rigging these creatures should be simple, as their movement will be heavily restricted. 

Comments