Minor PreViz

My PreViz develops on from its animatic predecessor, clarifying camera and character movement. I found that my animatic has good continuity as a 3D visualisation, this PreViz process has given me confidence going forward into my final major outcome. Other than some shots being horizontally flipped (for logical location reasons), much of my animatic has stayed the same. Many take-aways from this PreViz process involve modelling:

- Trees need less foliage; worms-eye shots were challenging to create because my models are too bushy. Also, more of the lower trunk needs to be exposed.  

- I need longer lengths of prayer flags to reach and connect multiple trees. 

- Separate tree root models will add interest to the ground plane, and make the transition from tree trunk to ground less harsh. 

- The firewood part of my cabin model needs to move for logical and accurate character movement e.g when yin walks past the daruma doll at 1:00. 

- Tree placement and scale took some practice, noticeably changing throughout the PreViz. I think they become more confident in the later minutes as they're established as supernaturally large and tall. 

- Shot 48 in my animatic made no sense; why construct a new scene when we're retracing steps? Also the branch looked awkward. I debated scrapping the entire composition, but didn't. Instead, I swapped out the oddly placed branch for a fallen tree, which might look good covered in moss, maybe old and hollow with spirit eyes poking through. 

Shot 48 changed in composition and in direction to make location changes more understandable. 

PreViz production was messy and chaotic, anything outside the camera frame was completely disorganised. From this however, I can progress into final production with a better sense of my needs and priorities. The outcome of the PreViz process is always underestimated. 

Comments