Modelling Tall Spirits

 

I continued final outcome preparations by modelling a simple character from my cast. This spirit creature is seen around the cabin environment depicted in my storyboard. Although scarcely seen in my composition drawings, I hope to utilize these characters more in my final outcome...

Above, a scene involving my tall spirit characters. A roof-level elongated black/ grey character with slight transparency. Seen here walking in a heard through the trees.


Starting with a cube, I formed an elongated curved form as the base of my tall spirit model.


Managing geometry around the character's' eyes was challenging. I refrained from using separate spheres as I want the eyes to look caved-in rather than protruding features. 


A close up of the characters' eyes, which I extruded and filled. With a few extra edge loops, they smooth into nice organic and unsymmetrical rounds. 

I duplicated my finished model and added some ear features, giving the silhouette more interest. I'll now have two character variations to work with. 


Above, my first material test. On the left, aistandard surface with no specular. On the right, the same material with a frosted glass pre-set. I like how the latter plays with transparency and light refraction.


Above, my finalised spirit models. I'd like to tweak my material attributes, and aim for a material with diffused and soft edges. 


Comments