Developed Thumbnails and Photoshop Interpretations of Armilla

I began the developing process by picking out four of my strongest thumbnails, I chose 79, 89, 91 and 92 from my page of Armilla thumbnailing. I felt as though these four had potential and plenty of room for growth. I tidied up these four with pencil, and set about translating them into photoshop collages, as this worked well for the city of Baucis in the 2D workshop last Thursday...















Zaha Hadid:

nicknamed the "queen of the curve", Zaha was an architect from Iraq. Her later career saw achievements such as the 2004 Architecture prize, and the Royal Gold Medal from the Royal Institute of British Architects. Among many creations, Zaha designed the Aquatic Centre for the London 2012 Olympics, along with Michigan's Broad Art Museum. 
I am personally fond of the Bergisel Ski Jump in Austria, which demonstrates abstract and rebellious lines. Leading lines were pivitol to Zaha, as they fastened her original and out-of-the-box ideas into shapes that were pleasing to the eye. Leading lines give her work fluidity and professionalism. Zaha had a talent for vocalising the personality of a buildings surroundings through architecture, which is something I should experiment with for my Armilla visualisations. I have already seen this at work in the Finnish Rock Church, I therefore know its possible with the style and materials I am focusing on...
Austrian Ski Jump
zaha hadid opens london aquatics centre to the public
London's Aquatic Centre for the 2012 Olympics
Images of the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum, Michigan ...
Michigan's Broad Art Museum

Comments