Collaboration: Laundromat Character Design, Storyboards and Summary

Within my projects collaborative group, I was tasked with crafting a 20-30 second scene that shows character Moom's disastrous few hours working in a Laundromat. Moom can't seem to keep hold of a summer job. Using the core Moom character design that was already established, I began by creating a laundrette uniform:
Using Jasmine’s core character design, I’ve adapted Moom into a laundromat employee. Key elements such as socks, green shoes, freckles, Walkman and curly hair have all been transferred from the original design. The addition of a laundrette logo increases believability. 


Once I'd established the look of uniformed Moom, I transferred my ideas and group ideas onto a written document to assist with the creation of a storyboard. Forming a solid and concise plan for a story is always a confidence booster. Being able to read the story back as many times as needed was reassuring:
A summary of the 30 second laundromat scene for our groups collaborative animation project. I elaborated on the original groups story ideas by adding comedic 'cause and effect' through the addition of detergent boxes.

 Once a narrative framework was completed, I felt confident enough to create the first storyboard (open to change and development if required). I struggled to keep my scene to the limit of 30 seconds. However, I'm confident that alterations can easily be made during the production process of the group's animation. Other than the duration issue, I'm contempt with the current storyboard. 

Storyboard frames 1-6.

Storyboard frames 7-12.

Storyboard frames 13-18.


Comments