Toolkit 2: Maya Pt 5

 Force and Trajectory



In this session, I added anticipation and follow through onto my developing Moom Barbell animation. Anticipation is seen before an action, which would be a small hunch and clench in this example. Follow Through is a small continuation or 'ease out' at the end of an action, which would be seen as a squat/ bounce in this example. 

Once additional key frames were added to create anticipation and follow-through, I re-visited the graph editor to clean up the new additions. I made sure that the keys were either plotting 'S' curves or 'U' curves.

After further clean-up, I tried to add emphasis on areas of Moom's body during the animation. I paid special attention to the head and neck, using this to communicate the weight of the bar bell and the strain that Moom is extruding. Moving forward, I'd like external input on this animation as I'm struggling to identify areas that need improvement. I am however, relatively happy with the development of this animation so far. 

Today's Outcome:


Subtle changes can be seen on either end of the animation sequence. These are defined as 'anticipation' and 'follow-through'. The work achieved today helps to frame the main motion and add believability by removing sharp edges from both sides of the animation. Additional head movement emphasises the weight of the bar bell.

Comments