Finalizing my Tall Kami Spirits and Texturing my Toro Lanterns

 Finalizing the Tall Kami Character Textures:

Today, I developed on from previous texturing experiments I conducted for these characters. Their new material is simpler and therefore quicker to render; a matt aistandardsurface with an alpha map connected for the base opacity gradient. I had previously used pre-sets for the same effect, but these took far longer to render in Arnold. 

Texturing My Toro Lantern Models:

Using the same seamless textures from my rock models, I created some colour and normal maps for my Toro lanterns. I'll also use these materials for my Jizu statue; using the same textures will help give my sets continuity. 

I created the moss in Photoshop, gradually building it up using a mask to ensure I could add and remove areas at any time. 


Comments