Texturing my Basket Models

 

I textured my three basket models with a normal and colour map. For efficiency, I mapped the UV's for each model out as a single TIFF file. These baskets would definitely benefit from a displacement map, but they're only background props and will therefore only be seen from a distance. 



Above, shows all three models mapped as UV's in photoshop. I used masks to isolate areas of image needed without damaging the original files. 

Above, the final colour map used for my three basket models. I chose a wicker texture, correlating with the concepts I sketched during Minor

Above, a normal map created from the colour map. I've found that going too extreme with normal maps can look grubby in renders. I therefore kept this map subtle by using Photoshop's  'contrast' tool sparingly. 



Comments