Premise: Drafting the Environment & Character Development

 Following on from thumbnailing, character, and creature concepts, I decided to dedicate some time for my Premise project's environment. I sketched-out ideas that I'm confident about first, and then used online visual resources to influence the rest of my ideas:

Pintrest introduced Shamanism into my design work, seen in the sketches above. I explored structures, codes and conventions linked to this culture. There's common themes involving natural resources.

Above, I considered possible plant life to fill the forest setting of my narrative. I also designed a wooden cabin, maybe the residence of my characters?

Above, another iteration of my protagonist. Out of the three characters I hope to include, I feel most confident about this one. I've therefore spent more time on her design. Moving forward, I should conduct research into influences for my second and third character before designing their appearances too. 

Comments