Premise: Narrative Development & Character Building

I dedicated some time researching and developing my Premise secondary characters, starting with thorough research into Chinese and Japanese cosmology, mythology and psychology. I extracted interesting ideas and compiled a list of words and images that could benefit my character designs. Influence starts being seen in initial character thumbnails, below.

Premise Narrative Development by Saskya Olsen on Scribd


Above, some silhouettes/ thumbnails influenced by my research dedicated to Yin and Yang. Further developments would include reference to my visual research, such as scales, feathers and plant life. These initial thumbnails focus on basic shape, playing around with a humanoid form and layering clothing in different ways. Moving forward, It's important that I distinguish between my Ying and Yang duo characters. 


Comments