'Inside Our Community Centre Cut Crisis' Script Version 1

Following the standard conventions of scriptwriting, I have used courier, size 12 with single space and no italics. I have also numbered each page in the top right corner. Speech has different margin ruling. Names and location changes are made clear through Upper case text. I have also tried to avoid the mention of camera methods and techniques, although this is semi-important to my story as the camera is hand-held, and therefore part of character action. I have used terminology such as CONT. and FLASHBACK and noted whether a location was DAY or NIGHT along with VOICEOVER, INT and EXT.

When reading this version alongside my animatic, it was apparent that my script was far too long. Lots of cuts, especially dialogue, had to be made. The script is still a tight fit. I even had to cut a character completely, Shanice. This gives the other two characters, Katy and Oliver, more time to speak and reveal their personalities. I also rearranged some events In the script, so that it is a better representation of the animatic. I don't want to stray too far from my story and animatic.







Comments