Life drawing

I found todays outcomes weaker than last week. I think that I am able to capture more fluidity and looser linework with a shorter time limit per pose. The 5 minutes that were appointed to a pose in this session made me rigid and stiff with my linework. The occasional 20 minute pose helped me relax, but my overall take-always aren't as strong. I'd like to take some softer drawing mediums with me in the future in order to produce softer outcomes alongside my scratchy mechanical pencil outcomes.
My favourite sketch from today is the top image on the last page in the list below. For this particular outcome, I had to refrain from linework and focus on value and shading. Surprisingly, the sketch still has a likeness to the model, the proportions are relatively accurate and the pose is well captured. This specific sketch drew better than expected.







Comments